"How To Use Your Incredible
Factor To Become an Ideal
Retails for $29.95, but it's yours today
Mindset, Marketing & Money-Making Strategy Success System
Passion to Profit
Incredible Factor Inner Circle
Ideal Client BootCamp
Tag Archives: 7 Strategies for Improving Your Relationship with Money
Relationships. You read the word and one of two things happened: either you have the biggest, brightest smile to cross your face or you rolled your eyes and sucked your teeth in disgust because when you think about a relationship, all you can think about are the bad things.
STOP. What you focus on will always expand. If you focus on how the relationship is doing you wrong and how miserable you are as a result, you’ll only get more of that in your life. And as it spills into your life, you best believe that all areas will be affected…including your money.
Now, before you roll your eyes at me, let me explain. Most people who struggle with money give money more credit and energy then they should. What I mean is they deem money to be everything; the difference between success and failure, life and death. When in actuality, money is just an energy and like all energy, it is neither lost nor destroyed, it is merely transferred from one party to another. So, that means that if you allow bad energy to surround your relationship with money, it prevents a positive transfer from occurring.
A quick exercise….
Now, think about a relationship with someone you love, who supports and edifies you. You know your version of a “ride or die” chick. In case you don’t know what that is, it’s a person who would ride with you through hell in a gasoline car. They love and support you that much. These people care about you and only want the best for you in all situations. They help you to stand taller; they are the wind beneath your wings.
How do you feel when you think about [insert their name]? Write the five positive, life affirming words that you feel and believe when you think of [insert their name].
What are the qualities of [insert their name] that make you smile, feel safe and inspire you to keep moving?
Now, go back to the words you wrote and close your eyes. I want you to imagine that instead of talking about your dear loved one, you are talking about money.
Re-read your five positive, life affirming words and the qualities that make you smile, feel safe and inspire you to keep moving, thinking about this being your relationship with money. Imagine these feelings and safety being about money and not your loved one.
What difference does that make for you? Write your response down.
The first time I did an exercise similar to this, I was at an event of one of my mentors and I can honestly tell you that I felt the shift immediately. And more importantly I felt different about money. I felt like it loved me and wanted me to succeed, just like my other loved ones.
Take a deep breath.
You see, money can be your best friend or worst enemy and the best part, is you get to choose. As soon as you assert a positive, life affirming relationship with money, it begins to respond in a positive, life affirming way. I have seven quick strategies that when implemented with consistency will shift your relationship with money and more importantly allow you to attract more of it in your life and business so that you can serve others and live the desires of your heart. I personally believe that each of us was born to live in abundance. While abundance is not just about money, it certainly does have a key role to play. In order for money to show up and star in your life’s journey, you have to re-write the script it reads from.
1. Refrain from speaking negatively about the amount of money you now have in your life. This can be a tough one because many people declare being “broke” like they tell their age. Here’s the thing, you are never truly broke. While you may be financially challenged at the moment, you could always find a way to make the money you need for anything you deem important. Let that sink in a minute because you know I’m telling you the truth.
2. Each morning, affirm what you expect from the money that comes into your life. “Money flows easily and effortlessly to me all day long whether I am asleep or awake.” “I am positioned to welcome more money into my life today.” “Money helps me to serve those I’ve been called to serve with my gifts and talents.” “If I have a need for money, I can create opportunities to earn it.”
Record how these affirmations make you feel.
3. Dispel the myths and self-sabotaging beliefs that you’ve had in the past about money. Go back to your childhood and look at the example that was set for you around money. Think about the TV shows you use to watch where being “broke” looked like fun. You know, Good Times, Sanford and Son, Lavern and Shirley. Ask yourself if it’s possible that having money could be as fun as not having money was depicted via the media? How or how so?
4. Read A Happy Pocket Full of Money by David Cameron Gikandi. This book will help you to shift everything you’ve ever thought about money and transform you into believing that you are wealth; you are abundance; you are joy. After your read it all the way through, plan to read it quarterly until you completely shift around how you view money and your relationship with it.
5. Stop your unhealthy money habits. I use to not manage my money because I didn’t want to know what my financial picture looked like. But, as with anything else, if you don’t have a goal and a plan, you will never change your situation. Just like losing weight requires you to change your eating habits, increasing the flow of money in your life requires that you change your spending, etc habits.
6. Track money received on a daily basis. As you know, I believe that what you focus on expands. If you focus on the money entering your life (bank account) you will naturally invite more to come in. and when you receive it, tell God – please send me more so that I can do more of the work you’ve called me to do. As I like to say, focus on the deposits, not the withdrawals.
7. Go to the bank and get a 100 bill and carry it in your wallet at all times. This is a powerful reminder that you are not broke, while you may desire more, you will always have some if you keep it close to remind you. Now, you have to promise not to break it or if you do in an emergency you must replace it as soon as possible.
Using these 7 strategies consistently will undoubtedly up-level your money mindset. Remember, money is just a vehicle, an energy and whenever you need more of it, you already have the tools to bring it into your life. Have a great relationship with money!
If you want help working on your money mindset, join us for Get Paid: How to Package, Price and Successfully Sell Your Incredible Factor. At this event, we dedicate an entire module to up-leveling your money mindset so that you can welcome more of it into your lives. In June 2012, we will be holding this intensive in Newark, DE and Atlanta, GA.
©2012 by Darnyelle A. Jervey. All Rights Reserved. Darnyelle A. Jervey, MBA, The Incredible Factor Speaker, Executive Business Coach and Marketing Mentor, is the founder of Incredible One Enterprises.com and the Leverage Your Incredible Factor System® a proven step by step program for building a 6 figure business with more clients, more income and more leverage in record time. For more information and a FREE audio download “How to Use Your Incredible Factor to Attract MORE Ideal Clients” visit http://www.incredibleoneenterprises.com